Friday, June 7, 2013

Photojournalism Essay Notes

This was possibly my favorite project, because it allowed me to completely explore something through images, by taking eight photographs of it. As it happens, the subject was me, and I though a lot about what deserves to be photographed in my life. But, I realized that the interesting things isn't what to photograph but how to photograph it. Photography is meant to convey a single image and a set amount of emotion, and to make eight pictures flow together you really need a theme, and a tone to it all. I loved dissecting my subject, and thinking about how to best represent it. In the end, it wasn't what I photographed that mattered, it was the mood it set, and the way I ended up portraying the subject. Regardless of the fact that I was subject, I enjoyed that sort of aesthetic thinking and I was very pleased with my finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment